Local Agriculture Working Group Meeting Scheduled
Help decide how the 2019 USDA NRCS conservation program funding should be spent in Cumberland & York counties.
Our District, along with the York County Soil & Water Conservation District and the Scarborough field office of the Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS), invite you to attend a meeting of the Local Working Group (LWG) for Cumberland and York Counties. The LWG will make recommendations to NRCS on how to spend 2014 Farm Bill funds for conservation practices on private lands. Meeting information is as follows:
Date: Tuesday, December 12
Time: 9:00 – 11:45 am
Location: Scarborough USDA Service Center | 306 US Route One, Scarborough
This meeting is intended for the following:
- Agricultural producers
- Private woodland owners
- Members of environmental groups, watershed organizations, or land trust
- Those with knowledge of soil, water, plant, wetland, or wildlife sciences
- Those familiar with agricultural and natural resource concerns in Cumberland or York counties
The meeting will help NRCS:
- Identify and prioritize conservation concerns in our counties; and
- Recommend how funds for USDA conservation programs will be distributed by NRCS to install conservation practices throughout Cumberland and York Counties.
For more information or if you would like to attend, please contact NRCS at 207.883.0159 ext 3.