ISWG (pronounced izzy-wig) is a coalition of 14 municipalities in the greater Portland and Saco areas (Biddeford, Cape Elizabeth, Cumberland, Falmouth, Freeport, Gorham, Old Orchard Beach, Portland, Saco, Scarborough, South Portland, Westbrook, Windham, and Yarmouth) that work collaboratively to implement Clean Water Act permit(s). The permit aims to reduce the impact of stormwater pollution on local waterways. In Maine, the Department of Environmental Protection administers this permit on behalf of the US Environmental Protection Agency.
The Cumberland County Soil and Water Conservation District (CCSWCD) coordinates ISWG and provides regional support and implementation of many of the permit’s six required minimum control measures (MCMs).
Follow the links to the right to learn more about the work ISWG is doing in the greater Portland and Saco regions.
CCSWCD Contact Information
Cumberland County Soil and Water Conservation District
35 Main Street, Suite #3
Windham, Maine 04062
Regulated Municipalities and Contact Information
- Biddeford: Tom Milligan, City Engineer, 207-284-9118
- Cape Elizabeth: Robert Malley, Director of Public Works, 207-799-4151
- Cumberland: Laura Neleski, Stormwater Coordinator, 207-829-2220
- Falmouth: Jamie Mason, Town Engineer, 207-699-5371,
- Freeport: Adam Bliss, Town Engineer, 207-865-4461
- Gorham: Gretchen Anderson, Stormwater Compliance Officer, 207-892-9062
- Old Orchard Beach: Megan McLaughlin, Assitant Planner, 207-937-5636
- Portland: Doug Roncarati, Stormwater Program Coordinator, 207-874-8848
- Saco: Joe Laverriere, City Engineer, 207-284-6641
- Scarborough: Angela Blanchette, Town Engineer, 207-730-4043
- South Portland: Fred Dillon, Stormwater Coordinator, 207-767-7611 x 4138
- Westbrook: Lynn Leavitt, Sustainability Coordinator, 207-591-8135
- Windham: Gretchen Anderson, Stormwater Compliance Officer, 207-892-1909
- Yarmouth: Steve Johnson, Town Engineer, 207-846-2401